James Brolin Spouses: Jane Cameron Agee, Jan Smithers, and Barbra Streisand.

Two-time Golden Globes award winner James Brolin (born Craig Kenneth Bruderlin) is undoubtedly one of the most respected and well-known actors. He is also a producer and director. He has a successful career to his credit. Aside from being one of the most recognizable faces on TV, James is a dedicated family man. He has been married three times to three different women and is the father of three children.

Who Did James Brolin Marry?

James Brolin has been married three times as stated earlier. He has experienced two failed marriages but he is currently married to his wife number three. Speaking of his marriages and wives, James said, “the first two were quite aggressively serious. I liked the excitement of the first one and I got married and regretted it almost immediately afterwards.”

“And then the marriage lasted for 18 years, and when we had the delicious boys, I didn’t want to leave them, so we made it work. But it was always rough and ragged, and nobody could quite relax. The second marriage was pretty much to get out of the first marriage. But I got a luscious daughter out of that.” According to James, he is a different husband in this current marriage.

Speaking of his third marriage, James revealed: “Things have been going so well that it’s made me different. We were set up on a blind date, and I had a really bad haircut, and she said, “Who screwed up your hair?” I was very attracted to her ability not to be able to lie about anything. If we have projects to do, we do them as fast as possible so we can be as lazy as possible.”

“We just sit together and look at the view. It’s old people’s stuff, but it’s very comforting.” James Brolin is enjoying his life as a family man. Here’s everything to know about his three marriages and these are the women he called ‘wife’.

Jane Cameron Agee was James Brolin’s First Wife

James Brolin met his first wife Jane Cameron Agee, a wildlife activist and aspiring actress. The two got married just 12 days after they first met. They were married on October 16, 1966. Jane is known for her appearances on The Mike Douglas Show, The Merv Griffin Show, It’s Your Bet, and Tattletales. James and Jane had two children.

Their children are American actor Josh James Brolin (Josh Brolin) and Jess Brolin. Things didn’t work out between James and Jane. They got divorced. Sadly, on February 13, 1995, Jane died in a car accident.

ALSO, READ: Jane Cameron Agee; How did she die? The Tragic Life of James Brolin’s ex-wife

Jan Smithers

James Brolin and his second wife actress Jan Smithers came across each other on the set of Hotel. They started dating soon after they met and eventually got married. They married on June 29, 1986. Jan has appeared in films including “Where the Lilies Bloom”, “When the North Wind Blows”, “Our Winning Season”, and “Mr. Nice Guy”.

Jan is best known for playing Bailey Quarters on the CBS sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati (1978–1982). James and Jan had a daughter, Molly Elizabeth Brolin. Jan filed for divorce from James. They got divorced in 1995.

ALSO, READ; Molly Elizabeth Brolin: Whatever Happened to James Brolin’s daughter?

James Brolin is currently married to Barbra Streisand

James Brolin is happily married to his third wife singer, actress, and director Barbra Streisand, whom he first met at a blind date dinner party in 1996. They have been married since July 1, 1998. “I can’t tell you how lucky I am that this would happen to me so late in life,” James said in his wedding speech. “Every night is a new adventure. Sleeping is a waste of time. I can’t wait to see her again in the morning.”

Their marriage has lasted for more than 20 years. The couple do not have children together however, they each have children from previous marriages. James and his wife Barbra have supported each other through thick and thin. James said of the secret to his long-lasting marriage to Barbra: “I don’t know, because nobody trains you.”

ALSO, READ; Jess Brolin: Where is James Brolin’s son Now?

“This is my third time — third marriage. I picked difficult situations the first two times, but I think you learn with each one. I’m a person that believes that if I’m wrong, that’s when I learn, and when I’m right, I haven’t learned a thing.” However, James revealed that he believes in counseling. He said if anybody ever has a problem in their marriage they should bring in a third party and talk it over.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7pbXCsqurnZ6ZwG%2BvzqZmo5mdmsBurtGoo6KmXai9sMHSnqpmr5ikeqW1w2afnmWdlr%2BzxY4%3D